Strategic Partnership & Business Development Manager
Your role as the Strategic Partnership & Business Development Manager will be to actively build a network of partners across North America. You will be responsible for carrying out initiatives and strategies that will drive the expansion of our partner relationships as well as our direct sales model. You will define long-term goals and build strong relationships, identify opportunities, negotiate and sign business deals. You will manage the entire partnership/sales cycle. The ideal candidate must have a strategic vision, be self-driven and results oriented. We need a hands-on innovator with excellent business acumen and analytical skills who has proven experience within an e-commerce or online solution environment.
- Develop and implement a strong sales plan with specific targets and deadlines.
- Develop and generate partnerships/sales opportunities in different niche markets.
- Solicit clients and potential new revenue sources through networking and strategic partners and by subscribing to industry blogs, publications and social media.
- Work alongside the Marketing Department to identify new marketing opportunities, including new ideas for promotions, online advertising, direct marketing, web presence and product offerings.
- Manage account relationships and work closely with partners to develop a common strategy in line with the Venue Parking Business Plan.
- Effectively communicate business value and ROI to an external audience.
- Participate in contract bids and responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) as required.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings to report on sales activities and progress.
- Responsible for reporting (weekly and monthly) to CEO all related budget quotas and pipeline movement.
- Act as the partner/customer voice for technical requirements or new feature requests with internal teams.
- Use CRM and other tools to share all sales information (SalesForce and Asana).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in commerce, business administration or in an equivalent field of study
- Seven or more years of related strategic business development and sales experience
- A proven track record in generating new business, in exceeding sales targets and ensuring short-term and long-term growth and profitability
- Understanding of web/mobile business model/applications (social media, mobile & web marketing savvy)
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude, self-motivated, a real go getter!!
- Ability to speak and write in English, bilingualism an asset.
- Customer centric.
- Ability to explain to a potential partner the value of VenueParking to an end customer.
- Adaptability to improve existing company’s processes and structure
- Open minded, willing to challenge status quo
- Collaborative, team player with excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- A large network of contacts
- Web ticketing / online solution knowledge an asset